KimberlyChapman

Reading and Writing Things

I'm an avid reader and a published author now gone indie.

Firebrand
Ankaret Wells
To What Miserable Wretches Have I Been Born?: Revenge Poetry for Babies and Toddlers
Suzanne Weber
Nation
Terry Pratchett
The English Civil War: Papists, Gentlewoman, Soldiers, and Witchfinders in the Birth of Modern Britain
Diane Purkiss
History of a Pleasure Seeker - Richard  Mason I can't remember why someone recommended this to me, but it may have been because I was looking around for books with good smut. This novel has some naughty parts which are very interesting, but not exactly stimulating because all of them are amidst social issues that aren't exactly loving or romantic.

It's a thoroughly interesting story with surprisingly fascinating, well-drawn characters. I definitely wanted to know what would happen enough to get through some of the slower parts.

I would have liked to read more about the sisters. I get that Piet is the main character, but I was never sure if I wanted him to succeed or fail (which did make a more compelling story, I suppose). The sisters and their struggles in a changing world of gender dynamics would have interested me more.